He / Him
october 29th
DEWFORD
Bisexual
Cleaner
Civilian
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
9 posts
liber sen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @libersen
liber sen
Roadside Aggression
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 5:54:36 GMT
liber sen Avatar

Windows down, one hand on the wheel, one hand rhythmically smacking the door in sync with the song on the radio, cruising down the road into Dewford. The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and to add to the current vibe, Liber cranks the the air to max and points it towards himself. He’s feeling like a real king today. Feelin’ so good, he only truly has mild annoyance towards his older brother, cruising right alongside him.

”Weather ain’t too bad, huh, big bro?” He asks Balor, taking his eyes completely off the road, while turning to talk. “Cool 78°, not a raincloud in sight either! This job’s gonna be a breeze, long as you don’t take forever. Nobody needs nor wants to sweep up glass shards when they’ve just finished hauling metal scraps, dude.”

Quickly, Liber began to critique his brother’s awful working habits. Christ, not even a week ago he forced him to pull a vacuum out of storage to ‘collect every last bit of debris left behind’. Upcycling is cool, dude, save the squirtles or whatever, but hearing the ear-grating sound of metal running through plastic tubes at 1 AM is absolutely worth getting mad over. The sound still plagues him at night. As his temper rose, so did the pressure that he applied onto the pedal. “When we get there, we do what the contracter asked, and nothing more, dude. I’m not fucking around here. We leave at 6pm on the dot." The truck slowly accelerates.

close tab

played by

ChemSpark

He/Him
May 1st
Dewford
Heterosexual
Cleaner
Civilian
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
15 posts
balor sen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @balorsen
balor sen
Roadside Aggression
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 6:18:21 GMT
balor sen Avatar
The weather was admittedly nice, a nice breeze filled the car as Liber drove. Of course, that was one of the only good things he had while on the job. He waited for this, the moment that Liber finally speaks up about the work that he was given and so graciously received from the benevolent contractor. "Leave at 6 PM on the dot would be nice, Liber, but when the contractor says he wants everything to be spotless we will make it spotless. No glass shards, no pebbles, not even a speck of dust. Balor would scoff at him.

The work had to be done down to a tee, to the most minute of detail. For each time Liber complains about his job, he is reminded of every time before when the job was done sloppily, as if an amateur had just started that has barely learned how to use his tools. Balor had to hear the complaints of some of the contractors when Liber had worked solo, and it was awful.

"If you're too lazy and are off trying to go to some land of fantasy in some professional sports, you can leave after 6 PM of course, and leave the contract money to me." Balor said, heightening his voice. "If only you had resembled me a lot more, then maybe Concord wouldn't-"

Balor stops that sentence in his tracks. Even he knew he had gone too far mentioning 'that' name in something like this. In this brief moment of reflection, he felt the breeze pick up on from his side, but his anger blinds him once more.

close tab

played by

starkoda

He / Him
october 29th
DEWFORD
Bisexual
Cleaner
Civilian
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
9 posts
liber sen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @libersen
liber sen
Roadside Aggression
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 7:49:35 GMT
liber sen Avatar

As soon as that name managed escape Balor's lips, Liber's temper rose to new heights. His grip on the wheel tightened, and without realizing his foot was slowly pushing harder onto the gas. The motor revved loud but Liber matched its roar with his own.

"The HELL is your issue, man? You're pinning his fall on ME now? I never even wanted to step foot on that rickety ass site, but YOU insisted! You ALWAYS do that shit, y'know, you make a shit call and put ALL the blame on me! You wanna talk about Concord? Let's talk about how he could actually take responsibility for his actions, unlike YO-"

Liber's tirade only went on for a few seconds at most, so loud that a family in Littleroot could hear it. Small tears began to form under his eyelids, and even though he was now staring directly onto the road, he was blinded by anger. Who the hell weaponizes someone's dead brother over a recycling job? Had he finally gone senile from those sleepless nights? So many thoughts raced through Liber's mind, but they were all washed away by a sound louder than his rant.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

Odd. Before all this, Liber was on the road. Now the entirety of the passenger side of the truck was grinding against the edge of the road. How could this have happened? Quickly, Liber went from yelling at his brother to yelling. In general.

"Shitshitshitshit, SHIT. Liber quickly yanked the e-brake, unfastened his seatbelt, and flew out his side of the truck. The company truck was tilted halfway into a ditch. The tires? Shredded. Didn't even want to imagine the suspension, but there was no way to see how damaged it truly was until they got onto lift. Until then, Liber did the only thing he could do. Run his fingers through his hair and cuss into the wind

close tab

played by

ChemSpark

He/Him
May 1st
Dewford
Heterosexual
Cleaner
Civilian
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
15 posts
balor sen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @balorsen
balor sen
Roadside Aggression
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 17:00:49 GMT
balor sen Avatar
His anger that had blinded him had been replaced by the fear that cleared his vision. He would brace himself for the impact, as his side did not have the luxury to jump out. The first impact had released the airbags, giving Balor a cushion, although smacking him in the face. He would brace for the other impacts by holding on to something and attempting to protect his head with his other arm. The crash got him good, almost making him black out before he would be able to regain consciousness.

"Ugh... Liber... I knew I shouldn't have... left you behind the wheel." Balor would mutter, before taking off his seatbelt and attempting to navigate the shattered glass inside the car to the driver's side to try and get himself out. The door was flung open, so he didn't have to gamble on a jammed door thankfully. One step after the other, he would finally get himself out of the car before realizing there was a drop of liquid going down his head. He would wipe away at it, realizing that it was his own blood.

However, his sense of surprise was cut short by... his brother of course, yelling out into the open sky like some sort of teen dealing with his hormones. Balor had already reached for his phone to call for help, as if he didn't just suffer a crash that could have ended his life."Quit your screaming and calm down Liber, since w-, you crashed the car, we'll have to go through all of the legal steps, call the police, etc." He would ring the local police, before looking grimly at his brother.

"Another one of your messes I have to clean up, and now we have to delay the work from our contractor, I guess you finally got that vacation you were dreaming of."

close tab

played by

starkoda

He / Him
october 29th
DEWFORD
Bisexual
Cleaner
Civilian
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
9 posts
liber sen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @libersen
liber sen
Roadside Aggression
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 3:45:36 GMT
liber sen Avatar

"Jeez man. you just don't miss a beat ever, do you?" Liber started, turning around to face his brother, before quickly freezing up and going pale. “Holy shit man, forget the police, we gotta get you to a doctor, you're bleeding like a pig!”

Right across Balor’s forehead was a sizeable gash, that was currently dripping blood down his face. Could he even feel it? Was there so much adrenaline from this situation that he just didn't even realize it? Whatever animosity that Liber had phased right into a deep sense of worry, regret and shame. He had to make this right, no matter what. “Look man, don't worry about calling anyone, pop a squat on the side of the road and hold this to your head” he said, tossing Balor a clean handkerchief from his pocket. “I know a guy, did a job for him recently, I think he has a tow he can bring down he- Actually wait I think he’s on vacation.” He was rambling, pacing back and forth thinking of a quick solution, until it hit him. “Better idea! Sit tight dude…” He quickly rushed to the back seats of the trunk, pulling out some heavy duty lifting straps. He usually kept these handy for carrying large appliances or metal, but he had never tried using them for something as heavy as a car, but all he needed to do was get the truck on level ground. The longer it stayed tilted, the higher the likelihood of it tilting over, and that would be a very expensive bookend to this already dire situation.

“…I got this.”

close tab

played by

ChemSpark

He/Him
May 1st
Dewford
Heterosexual
Cleaner
Civilian
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
15 posts
balor sen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @balorsen
balor sen
Roadside Aggression
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 15:52:56 GMT
balor sen Avatar
"It is not-" Balor groaned as the pain from the gash quickly set in as the adrenaline would fade away. "...that bad." Balor would go from having a tense face to a more relaxed one. "Fine, you're right, I should probably sit down a little." Before Balor would take his... clean(?) handkerchief and would attempt to clean up the blood on his head and stop the wound from bleeding a little longer. As he watched Liber ramble on about getting a tow service, Balor would lose himself in wondering about the cost of this accident. The truck was obviously a big loss, the medical bills that he might have to contend with, the loss of pay from the contractor...

He would only zone back in when Liber would take the lifting straps meant for moving furniture to trying to make the car level with the ground to prevent any further damage. "Liber, damn it don't hurt yourself. You know those straps need two people to use." With some quick thinking, Balor would pull out a pokeball, click the button and out came Maushold. He looked at them, knowing that he definitely sent out the wrong pokemon. The Maushold looked confused, and panicked when they saw the truck. The Maushold would pull at his clothes, while he already knew what they wanted. He pulled out the only other pokeball he had, and Tinkaton came out.

"Tinkaton, go help Liber out, he will require it, else his efforts become meaningless." Tinkaton was a bit surprised at Balor's words. She had never heard 'Help' and 'Liber' in the same sentences without Balor having such a hateful look on his face. With a smirk, she would go to follow Liber's next command.

close tab

played by

starkoda

He / Him
october 29th
DEWFORD
Bisexual
Cleaner
Civilian
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
9 posts
liber sen DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @libersen
liber sen
Roadside Aggression
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 7:05:30 GMT
liber sen Avatar

Liber had already began to kneel down to get the lifting straps underneath the body of the truck. He had absolutely no clue what he was doing or if he was even doing the right thing. Now was not the time for hesitation or second guessing. Adrenaline and vibes were everything he was running off of.

Just as he finished up the preparations, he saw Tinkaton waddling over his direction. "Hey there, Tink! Don't worry your little head, Uncle Lib's got this under control. Just gotta get a good grip and this truck will be right as rain. Stand back..."

Liber squatted, the straps tied around his waist, and underneath the truck. All he needed to do was pull up and back as hard as possible. Up.. and back. He began to drive his heels into the ground as he yanked the straps and hard as he could. He heard the bottom of the truck scraping and it encouraged him further. More and more he pulled, grunting, throwing all the weight into his back, until....

POP

CLUNK

The truck was righted again. Back onto the road and, as level as a truck with a fucked suspension could be. And on the same level flooring was Liber, clutching his back groaning in pain, weakly calling out to Tinkaton,

"h-hospital.... my back.... tink...."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven